Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY Lavender & Lemon Facial Cleanser

Greetings Everyone! Michelle here, the gal behind the blog, On A Wing And A Prayer. I feel especially honored to have been asked to guest post here with Paula. When I found Paula's blog I fell in love with her recipes for making your own bath products. And if you haven't tried her natural garden soaps, you're missing out!


One such gift I would like to share with Paula’s readers today is a facial cleanser you can make yourself with just 4 simple ingredients. I used a recipe originally posted by Aubrey @ Homegrown & Healthy.


DIY Lavender & Lemon Facial Cleanser
1 Cup of Distilled Water
1/2 Tablespoon of Unscented Glycerin Soap
5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
5 Drops Lemon Essential Oil


1. Chop or shred the glycerin soap.
2. Using a double boiler, bring the water to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in soap chips until melted. Cool.
3. Add essential oils and stir until well blended.


What I love about DIY projects is you can tailor them to suit your needs. I used distilled water because all of the impurities have been removed. Glycerin soap helps the skin absorb the moisture in the air, causing it to stay softer. Lavender essential oil has antibiotic properties making it perfect to treat acne, blemishes and skin infections with a calming and relaxing effect. Lemon essential oil has astringent and antiseptic qualities. Plus it's loaded with Vitamin C, a necessary to healthy skin.

There is one thing I would like to point out. If you regularly use a commercial facial cleanser, you will be use to lathering up with lots of suds and/or foam. Foam is the result of chemicals such as sodium laureth sulphate in the product which actually strips your skin of all oils. When the oil is removed, your skin will actually produce more to replace what was lost.

Take control of your health. It's really pretty easy. Your body, and your wallet, will thank you!
Signing Off, Michelle

I hope that you will take a few minutes to visit Michelle online at the links below.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
Smiles, Paula

10 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the glycerin soap. Where do I find it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at a local health store or it's available at Amazon.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this-it is simple and so helpful for my skin. Can I microwave the soap chips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to run out of my facial cleanser--thanks for this recipe. I think I have all the ingredients all ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple, but great recipe. Glad you're also spreading the word about how counterproductive sodium laureth sulphate is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via Pinterest while looking for body/face scrubs; and I am so glad that I did. This recipe sounds super easy to make, and just the thing I've been looking for. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tempted to give this a try. I love the smell of lemon & lavender essential oil. What a wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exactly what I'm going for in my 1 month all natural facial cleanser challenge. I'm loving the idea of making your own soap! I'm so ready to get started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly what I was going for in my 1 month all natural experiment when I discovered glycerine soap from a reader. I love this idea and can't wait to make my own soap!!!

    ReplyDelete